Developed by Point of View; World Championship Poker 2 features a much more detailed one player game; where you now have to work your way up the ranks; starting in your mom’s basement. Once you start winning and accumulating money; you can spend your winnings on increasingly better pads; and furnishings. Hit a losing streak and you may have to hock your stuff to stay in the game. Other features of WCP2 include:
- 14 types of poker including Texas Hold’em Five Card Draw Seven Card Stud and Pineapple
- Different levels of simulation – ‘Real Deal’ for the more experienced card shark and ‘Power Play’ for the casual players
- Active tell and bluff systems.
- Third-person ‘TV’ mode (including the popular in-bumper ‘card cam’) or first-person mode to watch human and computer opponents more closely for signs of tells and bluffs
- RPG-like upgradeable skill system
- Play with the pros – in game character likenesses as well as play styles and iconic signature personality traits of some of the world’s top poker players including: Howard Ledrerer Annie Duke Greg Raymer Robert Williamson Matt Savage Amir Vahedi Clonie Gowen and Paul Darden.
- Detailed character customization feature – really put yourself in the game
- More attitude – truly colorful color commentary including player controlled taunts bluffs and tells
- Poker tutorials as well as hints and tips on strategy
- Dynamic one player game – upgrade your pad and host online tournaments. Hock your stuff if you’re desperate for funds for the next tournament
- Exclusive to the PlayStation 2 version of World Championship Poker 2 is support for the EyeToy USB Camera (for PlayStation 2) which allows online opponents to see each other as they play in addition to supporting text chat. The Xbox version of the game supports Xbox Live online game service including Scoreboards Voice/Chat and Live Aware