Developed by Point of View; World Championship Poker 2 features a much more detailed one player game; where you now have to work your way up the ranks; starting in your mom’s basement. Once you start winning and accumulating money; you can spend your winnings on increasingly better pads; and furnishings. Hit a losing streak and you may have to hock your stuff to stay in the game. Other features of WCP2 include:
- 14 types of poker including Texas Hold’em Five Card Draw Seven Card Stud and Pineapple
- Different levels of simulation – ‘Real Deal’ for the more experienced card shark and ‘Power Play’ for the casual players
- Active tell and bluff systems.
- Third-person ‘TV’ mode (including the popular in-bumper ‘card cam’) or first-person mode to watch human and computer opponents more closely for signs of tells and bluffs
- RPG-like upgradeable skill system
- Play with the pros – in game character likenesses as well as play styles and iconic signature personality traits of some of the world’s top poker players including: Howard Ledrerer Annie Duke Greg Raymer Robert Williamson Matt Savage Amir Vahedi Clonie Gowen and Paul Darden.
- Detailed character customization feature – really put yourself in the game
- More attitude – truly colorful color commentary including player controlled taunts bluffs and tells
- Poker tutorials as well as hints and tips on strategy
- Dynamic one player game – upgrade your pad and host online tournaments. Hock your stuff if you’re desperate for funds for the next tournament
- Exclusive to the PlayStation 2 version of World Championship Poker 2 is support for the EyeToyTM USB Camera (for PlayStation®2) which allows online opponents to see each other as they play in addition to supporting text chat. The Xbox version of the game supports Xbox Live® online game service including Scoreboards Voice/Chat and Live Aware