On the forsaken remains that were once the proud planet called Astara; the villagers of Rockhaven lead difficult but peaceful lives; until the day the Shadowraith; ‘Dark Yabu;’ and his minions sweep down from the sky. With terrible ferocity and ruthless efficiency they descend upon the townsfolk enslaving them to work deep in the caves that surround their village.
The Dark Yabu kills the grandfather of the young Vexx who manages to slip quietly aboard the enemy’s windship. There locked deep within Yabu’s sanctum lie the last pair of Astani Battlegauntlets. The gloves leap from their chest onto Vexx’s outstretched hands bonding to his arms and giving him special powers.
Vexx embarks upon a heroic quest through volcanic islands desert temples frozen citadels and giant’s castles to confront Dark Yabu high atop the Landspire save his people and avenge the death of his grandfather.
- 18 extraordinary levels span tree canopy villages mysterious caves desert temples underwater cities deadly volcanoes and more;
- Hidden multi-player party games unlocked as players progress through the single player world;
- Free climbing mode allows players to climb uneven surfaces and dangle beneath overhangs;
- Each level’s distinguishing landmark can be viewed from anywhere in the world in real-time;
- Day and night cycles with real-time lighting. Nighttime changes the landscape and characters: enemies become more aggressive and the environments become more hostile.;
- Ultra-responsive player control that reacts instantly to player inputs: gamers can cancel a move midway through and fire off extensive combo attacks;
- Hidden sundials allowing players to change the time of day;
- Advanced environment mapping produce reflections glows and highlights on Vexx’s metal gloves and knee guards;
- Clothes hair and trees respond dynamically to the environment;
- Highly flexible cinematic camera system;
- Epic soundtrack and stunning 3D surround sound effects.