In this new episode; you lead Team Rainbow; the world’s most elite counter-terrorist unit; as they are called into action and unfamiliar territory to battle a bioterrorist threat. Stakes escalate as they are personally targeted by an evil terrorist organization. Used to protecting the lives of others Team Rainbow must now embark on a mission to fight and save some of their own.
The next Rainbow Six installment will build on the ingredients that have made the Rainbow Six® franchise a runaway success and will introduce new single player experience with a personal darker storyline state-of-the-art equipment and offer gamers the chance to play as two members of Team Rainbow: Ding Chavez the fearless leader of Team Rainbow and a new sniper role portrayed by Dieter Weber who must cover his team’s movement with deadly accuracy.
- Stunning graphics and ultra-realistic ‘ragdoll’ physics deliver staggering realism and spectacular close quarter firefights.
- PlayStation®2 uses a new Graphic engine specially developed by Red Storm Entertainment to reach unprecedented graphical & technical achievement for the most intense gunfights offered to PS2 owners.
- New elite operatives for the most captivating squad-based gameplay : 10 multinational operatives including Recon Electronics and Demolitions experts are available to help you to complete the missions as you command your 3 AI-teamates through Quick Order Interface or Voice Command.
- Superior multiplayer experience: One of the best multiplayer games ever returns with the classics: Adversarial & Cooperative modes through Split-Screen & on-line. Additionally exclusive mode make their appearance with:
- PlayStation® 2: New Rivalry Mode pits Rainbow operatives against trained mercenaries in objective-driven team-based adversarial gameplay.
- New Xbox® Live ‘Career Mode’ allows players to create their own operative improve their skills and acquire extra equipment in all-new objective-based missions.
- Increasingly intelligent enemy A.I.: With every mission enemies get more dangerous using tactics like flanking suppression fire and room clearing.
- New weapons and equipment: Complete your mission with all of the tools of the trade including new items like motion trackers battering rams and the deadly MTAR-21 micro assault rifle.
- Tension-building sound effects: Creaking floorboards whispers and hostages begging for their lives hint that a threat lurks around every corner.