Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2002 reinvents golf with an all new engine that takes the fun of Sunday golf with your friends and mixes it up with the competitive pressure of the PGA TOUR and delivers it in a fast and furious game experience.
EA SPORTS now in the 11th year of an exclusive partnership with the PGA TOUR and continuing its partnership with the world’s best and most famous golfer Tiger Woods delivers the most realistic golf simulation for fans of console golf on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. With prestigious courses an all-star line-up of PGA TOUR golf pros and a variety of modes Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2002 will keep even the lowest handicapped golfer challenged for months to come. To complete the realistic golf experience amateur golfers have been added to make play a bit more interesting.
- All new game engine delivers new graphics and physics with looks as lush and rich as a real golf course with players and gameplay that delivers golf as if you were actually on the course.
- Golfers and courses all rendered to scale in precise 3-D world. Play at seven different courses four real PGA TOUR courses; Pebble Beach(r) Golf Links The Players Championship at Sawgrass Royal Birkdale and Princeville; or three original challenge designs the volcano course the canyon course or Tiger’s Dream 18.
- Compete as or against PGA TOUR pros including Tiger Woods Justin Leonard Brad Faxon Notah Begay Vijay Singh Colin Montgomerie Lee Janzen Jim Furyk; or as amateurs such as Taa Vatu Kellie Newman and other characters who bring the weekend golf outing to the console.
- All-new Total Precision Swing that lets you control whether you hit it straight slice it or draw it back.
- New modes to choose from including Practice mode where you can drop the ball anywhere on the course and practice from that spot and Career Mode which allows the player to compete against a range of amateurs and PGA TOUR pros in a character-building mode until Tiger Woods is unlocked. Once you unlock Tiger take on the Tiger Dream 18 holes and take on the toughest Tiger Woods.
- Split screen Speed Golf – for the first time in a golf game provides a two-way race to the hole so the first one to hole wins. Players can also compete against one another in a stroke mode so the one with the least strokes wins.
- PLAY NOW mode is back which challenges users to complete 18 competitive scenarios and puts players right into the middle of a competitive situation i.e. teeing off the 18th hole at Pebble with all 18 skins on the line.
- Golfers and courses all rendered to scale in precise 3-D world.
- An ‘in-the-game’ experience – from gallery cheers to comments from your partners that allow you to feel the tension and excitement of PGA TOUR golf.