Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft is the explosive follow-up to the acclaimed first-person action game Soldier of Fortune. As John Mullins; a military consultant working for the top-secret agency known as The Shop; players will experience fierce shoot-outs in the jungles of Columbia; the frozen wastelands of Kamchatka and the bustling streets of Hong Kong; to name a few. During their tour of duty; players will have access to an immense arsenal of real-world weaponry including MK 23 US SOCOM; M4 with M203 grenade launcher; MSG90A1 military sniper rifle; and the MM-1 40 mm grenade launcher; as well as authentic next generation small arms such as the OICW weapon system. Armed with this lethal assortment of hardware; players will have to tackle a wide-range of missions; including hostage rescue; intelligence gathering and search-and-destroy. Additionally players can also encounter up to 10 other warriors in Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix’s multiplayer modes via Xbox Live.
- Realism: Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix simulates the real equipment of the world’s elite commando units. Locations depicted in the game are taken from actual political hotspots and in some cases are inspired by the experiences of the actual John Mullins a former Green Beret and military’ consultant.’
- More Action Out Of The Box: Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix for the Xbox features all the latest enhancements to the game including 25 weapons 55 single-player missions 20 multiplayer maps as well as a random mission generator for both singleplayer and multiplayer.
- Technology: With Soldier of Fortune II’s ROAM Terrain System players will can ride in armored trucks and tanks and operate fixed machine guns aboard moving helicopters as they battle their way through the world’s deadliest hotspots. Additionally Soldier of Fortune II’s new GHOUL II technology takes realism to a new level. The animation and model rendering system of GHOUL II provides incredibly detailed skeletal animations including lifelike character movements and per-pixel hit locations that allow ultra realistic damage modeling.
- Advanced AI & Mission Strategy: With lifelike AI players will continually be challenged to use a combination of strategy stealth and combat tactics as they attempt to complete their missions. A player’s actions will determine how the AI reacts (attacking/defending or stealth/non-confrontational) as well as the number of enemies that are engaged. Additionally the type of opponent (Army gang member etc.) engaged will determine their reaction and difficulty level.
- Optomized For the Xbox: Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix features lightmaps multi-texturing stencil buffered shadows realtime lighting and mip-mapping. The game also takes advantage of the rumble pak onboard hard drive and analog joystick control.
- Xbox Live/Multi-player: One of the biggest additions to Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix is the inclusion of XboxTM Live support. Players will now be able to play through six different online game types (Deathmatch Capture-the-Flag Infiltration demolition etc.) via XboxTM Live or system link with friends. A random mission generator can create an infinite number of multi-player maps for a never-ending shoot-em’-up good time.