Sid Meier debuts on the PSP System with his award-winning adventure/strategy game Sid Meier’s Pirates! Take on the role of a Pirate Captain to amass fortune and fame and seize your rightful place as one of the most revered and feared pirates in history.
- Wireless Multiplayer – Up to 4 players can play simultaneously using the Wi-Fi capabilities of the PSP System each with their own dedicated screen. Additional multi-player maps some of them much larger than those seen on Xbox have also been added.
- Treasure Hunt – The treasure hunt feature removed in the Xbox version has been re-introduced into the game. There are around 20 unique locations that the player will have to navigate around to collect pirate treasure find lost relatives and Incan cities.
- Accessible User Interface – The menus and user interface are optimized for use on a portable device. The Widescreen display is fully utilized and the controls available on the unit are used to their maximum potential. Navigating is smooth; the player won’t miss their mouse at all!
- Stealth/Sneaking – Using a 3D tile-based environment players move one square at a time around a large grid of buildings to hide for cover and fight with guards in the town.
- Land and Sea Battles – The player fights in the same grid/turn based fashion as the PC/Xbox. Engage in fierce naval battles against both single vessels and multi-ship convoys. Harrowing action sequences on ship decks include swinging from yard arms slashing down sails and clobbering enemy crew as players make their way to the enemy captain.