EA SPORTS Rugby 2004 will once again be a rugby fan’s dream. 20 international teams; as well as all the Super 12 and other domestic teams; will be featured including the mighty New Zealand All Blacks; the Australian Wallabies; the South African Springboks; England and France. Take your team to victory in the World Cup; Tri nations; Super 12 Series; Domestic Master League and Friendly matches. A custom league set up facility will also allow players to structure their own tournaments.
All the current teams and many young up and coming star players will be included in the game with gamers able to choose from squads of up to 30 players. Each player has detailed statistical information including height weight speed tackling stamina kicking and many more.
More than 65 stadiums from all over the world will be faithfully modelled including Twickenham Murrayfield and Ellis Park in South Africa just to name a few. Using the powerful PlayStation 2 and high end PC’s incredibly realistic weather and pitch effects rain wind and fog also add to the gaming experience.
The English version of the game will have John Inverdale and Gordon calling the play. This will be greatly improved from the previous version with newly recorded commentary.
The all-new control system will be intuitive user friendly and in line with our bigger budget titles such as ‘Madden’ and ‘FIFA’. You will be rucking mauling and kicking for touch like a champion in no time.
New Motion Capture will offer detailed animation greatly improved on the previous rugby game including high grade player to player contact.
2nd generation and high-end PC graphics using superior models and textures will mean more ‘in your face’ action than ever before seen in a sports game!
- Over 1500 players in all.
- Tournaments featured are the World Cup Tri-Nations Super 12 Domestic Master League and Friendly matches. A training simulator is also included to help gamers learn the game controls.
- Custom League play.
- Highly detailed and bone-crunching motion captured animation for tackles scrums lineouts kicking passing form and injuries.
- Over 65 highly detailed dynamic stadiums from around the world featuring standup crowds highly detailed players referees and varying pitch features and textures.
- Original music sound track and many realistic sound effects including; player calls grunts tackles and crowds noises. All captured from real games.
- Huge variety of camera positions to view the action from including a fully positional replay camera.
- In game cut scenes that add to the emotion of taking your team to victory.
- Play by play commentary from legendary commentators John Inverdale and Gordon Bray.
- Realistic environment modeling including weather fogging and lighting of players and stadiums. Pitch effects such as muddy grounds guarantee that teams will never leave the pitch clean.
- Full licenses from the RFU ARU NZRFU SARFU FFR and SRU.
- 4 player with 2 player co-operative play
- Player editor