Bend Studio has created an all new story; levels; weapons and enemies; as well as a proprietary targeting system that takes full advantage of the PSP control system. Their third generation PSP game engine pushes the system to its limit; allowing more detailed characters; special effects and terrain that captures the look and feel of the Resistance universe on the portable system.
Set in the weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy – he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center – Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion center he can find. Eventually Grayson learns that his efforts have been futile… in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance – the Maquis – enlist Grayson’s help and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun.
- Game: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.
- Storyline: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent follows a single soldier’s grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
- Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio’s third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
- Revolutionary Targeting System: Advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
- Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
- Weaponry: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger Carbine and LAARK as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology – including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K ‘One shot one kill’ sniper rifle.
- Enemies: Over 10 different types of enemies including Chimera from Resistance 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man – including the Titan Slipskull Hybrids and Leapers – and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
- Multiplayer: Intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch Capture the Flag Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
- Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.