Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords is a brand new; genre-bending title that ups the ante on traditional puzzle games by incorporating strategy; role-playing elements and a persistent storyline. Set in the Warlords universe; the game challenges players to save the land of Etheria from evil Lord Bane as gamers engage in battles fought by means of competitive; head-to-head ‘match-three’ style puzzle games in one of three gameplay modes: Single-player; Instant Action or Multiplayer. Victory will advance a player’s customizable hero; magical arsenal; creature companions and moreâ€”ultimately rewarding gamers at nearly every turn and deepening their immersion into the richly diverse world. The game’s remarkable mix of classic puzzle gameplay and an abundant suite of characters; customizations; spells; companions; tamable monsters and more provides a fresh take on the puzzle genre that offers endless hours of replayability. Designed specifically for handheld gaming systems; Puzzle Quest can be enjoyed in long or short doses cultivating a casual but deeply satisfying and compelling gameplay experience.
- Innovative Gameplay Style â€“ Strategy and role-playing elements that function harmoniously in the puzzle gameboard setting offer a refreshing twist on classic puzzle gameplay fostering an exceptional depth of investment and enjoyment.
- Head-to-Head Gameplay Mechanism â€“ Competitive turn-based gameplay encourages you to plan think and strategize against opponents instead of just react like most traditional puzzle games; game difficulty and progression are related to outsmarting your enemies as opposed to difficulty increasing solely through level progression.
- No Penalty for Losing â€“ If you experience defeat you are still awarded experience points as well as partial gold and then encouraged to try again; this allows constant progression and avoids any feelings that invested play time is wasted.
- Continuous Reward System â€“ At every turn you will acquire helpful companions collect or cast powerful magic spells gather informational ‘rumors’ and obtain items like weapons armor and money to advance your hero.
- Short- or Long-term Play Sessionsâ€“ Play in long or short doses since the depth of the game does not waver according to the length of a gameplay session; each battle ranges from 3-10 minutes.
- Three Distinct Gameplay Modes Offer Unparalleled Replayability â€“
- Single-player: Battle against the computer AI as you embark on more than 150 challenging quests
- Instant Action: Jump in and immediately play continuous battles to level up your character without participating in quests
- Multiplayer: Battle live opponents via wireless connectivity on both the PSP system and the Nintendo DS handheld system
- Create and Build a Hero â€“ Choose from two male and two female avatars in each of the four character classesâ€”Druid Knight Warrior and Wizardâ€”to create develop and customize your ultimate hero.
- Build Your Own Empire â€“ Build an empire as you capture cities build castles and gain a party of companions that will aid you in battle.