More than just familiar faces and numbers; Sega Sports NHL 2K3 delivers player realism down to size; skill; and behavior; resulting in individuals that exhibit accurate styles of play. Now grinders battle for pucks in the corners; elite players see the ice and create opportunities; and fast skaters exploit their speed. The all-new Franchise Mode lets you capitalize on player accuracy to develop a team that plays your brand of hockey. Now you can draft hotshot rookies; trade for players who compliment your team; compensate for injured players; and more. Then put that precision to work on the ice by anchoring lines with key players and rotating those lines to create the match-ups you want. Bringing it all together is a new ESPN broadcast system where scores; highlights; and more are presented in the network’s famous style putting NHL 2K3 in prime position for a repeat season as the leader in hockey realism.
- ESPN Broadcast Presentation — Replays scores music and more are displayed in the famous ESPN style.
- All New Franchise Mode — Create a team and develop it into a dynasty. Play the roles of general manager coach scout player and more.
- Detailed Player Attributes — Each player is rated in over 50 different categories resulting in unique players that perform like their real-world counterparts.
- Complete Lines Control — Set and customize lines based upon your own strategy and maintain full control over how and when you cycle them.
- Improved Play Execution — Teammates work together to set up plays and execute strategy. Defense-minded teams may trap the zones while faster teams tend to play a more wide-open style.
- Revamped Special Teams — Tougher power play units will make you think twice about committing frivolous penalties.
- Dynamic Graphics and Lighting — Next-generation technology meticulously displays details such as glass reflections ice texture uniform fabric and decals.
- Play-by-play with convincing situational analysis and awareness improved telestrator and more varied game commentary.
- Over 30 Arenas — All 30 NHL arenas are represented in the game with extras such as a Legends arena and an International ice rink.
- Advanced Physics Engine — Puck movement is more consistent making passes shots and saves more predictable and realistic.