The fourth iteration of NCAA(r) March Madness ™ 2002 makes its debut on the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system and looks to continue its dominance as the number one selling NCAA basketball game.
Produced by the makers of NBA LIVE at EA Canada NCAA March Madness offers the most realistic college basketball experience in interactive gaming. Each gamer can experience the most realistic college basketball game with backboard breaking dunks fast-paced gameplay wrap-around passes authentic audio including chants and team specific cheers and 138 NCAA teams.
- Top coaches from 11 conferences teamed up with EA to share their coaching strategies with NCAA March Madness 2002 fans in order to help them gamers to come out of the competition with a win during key match-ups.
- The only NCAA basketball game to feature ‘One Shining Moment™’ – CBS Sports tournament anthem.
- Play as one of 138 NCAA teams including the countrys best such as Duke Arizona Maryland UCLA and Kansas
- Gameplay is so real you will duck for cover after dunks. Exaggerated simulation and unique animations such as backboard shattering dunks bigger blocks more steals easier threes and bounce and wrap-around passes make for an exciting game down to the buzzer.
- Trip the Momentum Meter™ by making big plays and watch the crowd go crazy with excitement and experience your team as it goes on an unstoppable run.
- Create your own team in Create-a-School mode. You can create your own team including uniform style logo and team colors.
- With new courts you can now choose to play in a field house mid-sized arena or a full-sized arena each contributing differently to the atmosphere of the game.
- Players and courts all rendered to scale in precise 3-D world by the makers of the NBA LIVE.
- ‘Overrated overrated.’ Crowd chants 90 team specific chants and fight songs deliver the sounds unique to college basketball games.
- Experience the NCAA Championships first hand in Tournament mode