Delivering the most engaging NBA experience with fast; fluid gameplay; NBA ’07 for the PSP system expands upon the franchise by offering the most feature-rich; handheld NBA action available. Officially licensed by the NBA; and introducing all-new gameplay modes; mini-games; and presentation NBA ’07 is ready to deliver the thrill of and excitement of NBA action on the go.
An all-new Conquest Mode allows players to take a team and challenge NBA squads across the country while a new Pick Up Mode give gamers a chance to choose from 10 different NBA players for a playground-style match-up. In addition to the instant replay function a new Highlight Reel option provides players the opportunity to view a select reel of highlight shots passes steals and dunks at the end of each game. Players will also have more choices of quick pick-up-and-play mini-games including an all-new rhythm-based dunk contest as well as carnival-style games including skee-ball pinball and pop-a-shot. Additionally the game brings back popular mini-games such as Dodgeball and HORSE as well as a comprehensive ladder challenge and virtual trading cards.
- Conquest Mode … Players will engage in a game of territory acquisition and management balancing strategy basketball knowledge and gameplay skills. Take control of a team and play for regional supremacy defending territories from challengers and adding new players in a quest for NBA domination.
- Pick Up mode … Players will alternate choose from 10 randomly selected NBA players and match up with the CPU or another player in an outdoor full-court game.
- All-New Dunk Contest … Players can take the NBA’s highest flyers and participate in rhythm-based mini-games to show off a number of rim-rocking dunks.
- New Carnival-Style Mini-Games … Participate in a variety of carnival-like mini-games including Pop-a-Shot Pinball and skee-ball. Players will earn credits to purchase unlockable content including front-end images throwback jerseys and video content.
- Enhanced Play-by-Play and All-New Commentary … Get play-by-play from Ian Eagle and hear the most comprehensive color commentary from top NBA broadcast talent.
- New Highlight Reel … In addition to instant reply players will have the opportunity to re-live each stellar play and pivotal moment from a completed game.
- Realistic Animations … Running at 60 FPS NBA ’07 incorporates tandem animation technologies to produce ultra realistic player interactions. Additionally motion capture data delivers smooth gameplay and lifelike player movements.
- NBA License … NBA ’07 offers gamers 41 authentic NBA teams including throwback versions.
- Mini-Games … Players will have access once again to numerous mini-games including schoolyard classics such as HORSE and Dodgeball. Additionally games such as Own the Court PlayStation Skills Challenge and 3-Point Contest are all available to test the skills of each player and provide opportunities to hone various skills.
- Ladder Challenge … Compete in a challenging mini-game or exhibition mode series and earn trading card rewards for working to the top of the ladder.
- Full Season Mode … Includes simulation trades free agent lists injuries and challenging basketball.
- Wireless Multiplayer Gameplay … Compete head-to-head against local friends or with basketball fans from around the country via wireless multiplayer connectivity.
- Ad Hoc Mode … Four or more PSP systems can communicate directly via Wi-Fi connectivity for regional/local multiplayer gameplay.
- Infrastructure Mode … Gamers can link to a network via a wireless local area network (WLAN) access point or ‘hot spot’ for multiplayer gameplay nationwide.