NASCAR® Thunder 2002 roars to the front of the pack with a revolutionary new graphics engine from the developers of Madden NFL™; a new career mode; and a new level of interactivity that brings the racetrack to life. Get ‘in the game’ like never before: hear what the driver hears; see what the driver sees; and feel what the driver feels. NASCAR comes alive with more cars than ever on the track; realistic car damage; dynamic track environments with detachable; flying car parts; and the competitive drive to win burning in every racer. Make your own NASCAR legend by creating your own car and working your way up through the ranks; adding sponsors and better equipment as you win on the track. More accessible than ever; NASCAR Thunder 2002 features an Easy Play mode with driving assists for new players; all 23 NASCAR tracks including the new Chicagoland Speedway and Kansas Speedway; the new Dodge™ cars; and updated teams; drivers and paint schemes for the 2001 season.
- New graphic horsepower: With an ultra fast new rendering engine from the team that brought you Madden 2001 EA SPORTS ups the ante with an astounding number of cars on the track running. This allows more detail than ever before including 3D cockpit movement dynamic day and night lighting effects and the most detailed cars and track environments ever.
- New career mode: Race for the championship over multiple seasons. Choose a manufacturer paint your car and then earn offers and decals from new sponsors based on your performance. Use your race winnings to equip your crew and vehicle increasing horsepower handling and pit crew performance. You can even earn the right to race for an existing NASCAR team. As you race through multiple seasons new drivers will come on to the scene while others retire.
- The most realistic car damage ever: Cars dent and crumple as they collide and later will morph back into shape when you repair damage. Body parts can fly off and get hit by other cars. Other damage effects include tire donuts on body panels paint scrapes tire smoke and oil fires-is the clear line high or low as you drive into a wall of smoke?
- Create your own car: Create your own car color scheme and save it to your memory card. Choose from a variety of colors and designs place real NASCAR sponsor logos on your car and earn new designs in Career Mode.
- Dynamic track environments: Moving obstacles damaged car parts from other cars and dynamic lighting effects for both day and night racing.
- Get in the game: The AI for each driver is based on real-life tendencies leading to exciting competition where drivers battle in front and behind the player in packs providing constant passing opportunities and continual pressure for the lead.
- New Easy Play features: Novice drivers can hit the track without hitting the wall by using optional driving aids designed to assist acceleration braking and stability until they’re ready for the next level.
- Real NASCAR: All 23 tracks including the newest NASCAR speedways every NASCAR star rookie and veteran and all 4 car manufacturers including Dodge. Go head-to-head with Tony Stewart Jeff Gordon Dale Jarrett Bobby Labonte Rusty Wallace Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jeff Burton Bill Elliot Michael Waltrip and Steve Park at Daytona Rockingham Vegas or any other track on the circuit.
- Multiple racing modes: Race solo or multi-player in single race season or career modes with qualifying practice and race day sessions. One to four players: Compete against as many as four other players in the split-screen multi-player mode. Multiple racing modes: Race solo or multi-player in single race season or career modes with qualifying practice and race day sessions.
- One to four players: Compete against as many as four other players in the split-screen multi-player mode.