MTV’s ‘Celebrity Deathmatch’ lampooned popular sports and event coverage and featured all the pre-game and post-game activities of fights; such as one-on-one interviews; press conferences and hilarious moments in the locker room. The first ‘Celebrity Deathmatch’ premiered in a fall 1997 episode of ‘Cartoon Sushi;’ MTV’s animated variety series. The singular bout was a fantasy fight between Charles Manson and Marilyn Manson who competed for the title of ‘Most Evil Man in America.’ MTV went on to debut a Super Bowl Half-Time special; ‘Celebrity Deathmatch Deathbowl ’98;’ featuring fantasy slugfests with Howard Stern vs. Kathie Lee Gifford Pamela Anderson Lee vs. RuPaul and Hanson vs. The Spice Girls.
- Characters take damage throughout fights and appear bruised bloody dented deformed or hacked apart.
- Original Show hosts Nick Diamond and Johnny Gomez provide color commentary while ref Mills Lane calls the shots.
- Each celebrity has their own unique moves suited to their personas. Special death moves allow players to finish off their opponents with an unbelievable dose of carnage.
- Create-A-Celebrity allows players to make their own victim of fame.
- A plethora of arenas modes characters challenges and unlockables keep the slaughter new and fresh time after time.