‘Links;’ the best-selling* golf franchise for the personal computer; has been rebuilt from the ground up exclusively for the Xbox video game system to deliver one of the most realistic and competitive golf experiences. Utilizing revolutionary new Web-based technology exclusive to XSN Sports titles; gamers and golf fans worldwide will have the ability to organize and compete online in friendly matches with old golfing buddies and organize their own tours and tournaments from a centralized Web site; XSNsports.com; that pulls the information from Xbox Live. ‘Links 2004’ also features top championship courses and top professionals; including cover athlete Sergio Garcia.
- XSN Sports. XSN Sports is the first lineup of Xbox games where sports fans compete beyond the game. For the first time ever; gamers can challenge real people; create their own leagues and build their own rivalries. XSN Sports is the breakthrough sports fans have been waiting for. Each tournament comes alive with dramatic television-style presentation; commentary and analysis.
- XSNsports.com is the Web-based service that links a gamer’s Xbox console; Xbox Live; PC and cell phone together for the first time ever. ‘Links 2004’ fans will now be able to organize their own tours and tournaments from a centralized Web site; and Xbox Live will automatically broadcast up-to-date scores; standings and statistics to any Web-based device
- Playing like the pros. ‘Links 2004’ makes players feel like real pros as they compete in tournaments broadcast in remarkably realistic TV-style presentation. Players are put in the center of intense action with commentary from TV legends.
- Tour of duty. Players can start a career with virtually nothing but desire; some talent; and average equipment. They can work hard; win; and become the world’s No. 1 player by winning coveted golf championships on the world’s greatest courses and earning sponsorships from some of the greatest golf-equipment manufacturers for additional income and better gear. A player’s gallery of fans will grow and cheer as he or she competes against the field for larger purses and tour prestige.
- Championship courses. ‘Links 2004’ features some of the most luxurious and challenging golf courses in the world; including Greywolf (Alberta; Canada); New South Wales (Australia) and the Four Seasons Resort Aviara (California).
- Detailed golf environments. Players can hit the sweet spot for a 300-yard drive and roll in a 20-foot putt for a birdie; while experiencing the dew-covered fairways and crosscut greens. ‘Links 2004′ offers gamers the ultimate golf experience. The top courses from around the world come to life with animated water; ocean surf; 3-D trees; divots; galleries of golf fans that react to players’ shots; and golf course wildlife including birds; ducks; squirrels and gophers. The lifelike courses feature sun-cast shadows that change depending on the time of day; birds that are spooked when a ball hits a tree; and ducks that will scatter when a ball hits the drink.
- Control over each and every shot. The Real-Time Swing feature provides players with complete control over every shot; giving advanced players the opportunity to draw; fade; punch; chip or flop to win a hole. The left thumb stick acts as the club with ball physics factoring in speed; tempo; direction and course conditions in real time.
- The golfers. Golf fans can play as golf superstar Sergio Garcia or as other professional golfers to perfect their game. Gamers also can create a character with unique physical characteristics; skills; apparel and personality. Players can be aggressive and take risks or be conservative and lay up. ‘Links 2004’ has a personality to suit every type; and each character’s celebrations and audio commentary will match their personality.