Killzone: Shadow Fall is the latest installment in the Killzone(r) franchise developed exclusively for the PlayStation(r)4 system by Guerrilla Games. Thirty years after the events of Killzone(r)3; the world is a very different place. It is up to Lucas Kellan; a Vektan Shadow Marshal to stop a series of escalating events that could cause the destruction of his homeworld.
As Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan you know first-hand that keeping the peace on both sides of the vast wall dividing your home world comes at a cost. But when a standoff between humans and their Helghast cousins spills out into open conflict and the lines between right and wrong begin to crumble you’ll have to decide the type of hero you really are.
- A new breed of hero for a new vision of Killzone – As Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan you represent Vekta’s finest entrusted with stabilising an ever-deteriorating cold war. Your choices will determine the world’s fate.
- Built from the ground up for next-gen – Killzone: Shadow Fall is the only FPS launching this holiday season designed exclusively for the next generation of gaming serving as a true showcase for the unbridled power of the PS4 system. Shadow Fall delivers breathtaking environments jaw-dropping futuristic setpieces and smart enemy AI-all rendered in full native 1080p. The new DUALSHOCK(r)4 wireless controller and its refined analog sticks and improved triggers further enhance the shooter experience.
- Utilize an expansive arsenal of futuristic weapons and gadgetry – As an elite operative of the VSA you have a vast selection of multi-purpose weapons and tech at your disposal. The game-changer however is the OWL- a versatile combat drone controlled with the DUALSHOCK(r)4’s innovative touch pad that functions as an extension of Kellan dramatically augmenting your abilities and offering a host of new tactical options.
- Tense realistic cold war sci-fi – On a divided Vekta one in which bitter enemies are forced to coexist constant discord threatens to unravel into all-out war.
- Custom Warzones – Geared for the ever-changing dynamic FPS Killzone: Shadow Fall offers a fully customizable multiplayer design. Players set their own rules by selecting the maps modes classes abilities and weapons available in each game. These player-created Warzones will join experiences crafted by Guerrilla Games within a fluid online platform; the most popular Warzones will be promoted for all to see and exciting new community created permutations of the Shadow Fall MP experience will appear daily.
- Broad Content… – Up to 24 players can experience a wealth of content across the spectrum of possible Warzone configurations. Eight different modes-Team Deathmatch Search & Destroy Beacon Retrieval Beacon Safeguard Beacon Theft Capture & Hold Capture & Connect and Capture & Move-and three classes with unique abilities guarantee rich satisfying truly skillful and competitive play.
- Rewarding Depth – Varied game modes and Warzone options are complemented by a sophisticated progression system with over 1500 skill-based challenges. These goals will unlock a host of specialization and customization options across the game’s 22 diverse weapons but that doesn’t mean the early experience is limited: all of the weapons are available as soon as players log in. Moreover all DLC MP maps will be released free of charge making sure no one is left out nor the community adversely fragmented.
- Maximum precision and responsiveness – Beyond the DUALSHOCK 4’s improved precision the power of PS4 elevates the the competitive experience to the next level: Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer targets a blazing smooth 60 frames per second at native 1080p.