Founded on two essential values – courage and endurance – the Dakar Rally has always united in the grandest and most extreme settings – the most beautiful and mythical of all deserts … the Sahara. The Paris-Dakar Rally famously pits 350 drivers against each other in a gruelling race over 6;500 miles. Participants race a variety of mixed-terrain vehicles including motorcycles off-road 4X4 trucks and rally cars. Drivers are not only subjected against the fierce competition of several hundred other drivers but also need to battle against the most severe rallying conditions from the vastly challenging terrain and intense climate and weather conditions.
- Full on Arcade action … tighter tracks faster cars more traffic
- New checkpoint system to increase urgency and excitement
- Updated licensed cars trucks and bikes for 2003
- Full damage on all vehicles … visible and physical
- Race cars vs trucks vs bikes in a 600 vehicle race from Paris to Dakar
- Navigational rallying across desert dunes forest and towns
- Features town stages in France Spain and Morocco and then progresses on to traditional Dakar landscapes
- Race through a huge variety of visually rich environments including towns villages off-road tracks and traffic
- Close interaction with the environment including animals villagers water bush trees mines etc.