‘Counter-Strike;’ the world’s most popular online action game and first-person shooter for the PC; makes its console debut exclusively on Xbox and Xbox Live. ‘Counter-Strike’ features single-player missions taking place over a gritty realistic counterterrorist world; and allows gamers to challenge other players in team-based multiplayer games on Xbox Live and System Link. ‘Counter-Strike’ on Xbox will be the most graphically advanced version of the series to date; showcasing the technical prowess of Xbox; including immersive; intense multiplayer action on Xbox Live. In addition; players will benefit by strategizing and communicating with their teammates via the Xbox Live Communicator headset.
- Intense Xbox Live multiplayer action. Gamers can battle real players throughout the world with Xbox Live; strategizing and communicating with up to 16 other players. A unique player-ranking system will allow gamers to select games with equal-caliber opponents; while Xbox Live helps ensure cheat-free playing fields. System Link functionality will also be available.
- Xbox enhancements and exclusives. Players will be treated to new; graphically enhanced missions from ‘Counter-Strike: Condition Zero;’ as well as new; exclusive content designed only for Xbox. Players can engage in the usual favorites; such as Bomb Defuse and Hostage Rescue; as well as play the new single-player component.
- Realistic counterterrorist experience. Players will experience a deep; involving counterterrorism world in which danger abounds. Players will lead an elite team through the jungles of Asia and the cold regions of Eastern Europe; and in the unbearable humidity of Colombia.
- Real-life weapons and gadgets. Players can choose from more than 25 real-life weapons: Shotguns; sniper rifles; pistols and other military artillery are available. New gadgets include a riot shield; blowtorch and fiber optic camera; bringing new strategic elements to the ‘Counter-Strike’ world.
- Downloadable content. New content is planned for download on Xbox Live.