Condemned: Criminal Origins allows players to experience a heightened level of psychological tension as they use their instincts; forensic tools; and melee/firearms combat to track serial killers and bring them to justice. Gamers will play as Agent Thomas; an investigator in the FBI’s Serial Crimes Unit (SCU) whose pursuit of relentless serial killers leads him through urban environments filled with sociopaths lurking on the periphery of humanity.
Presented in a first-person view for maximum visceral effect this atmospheric thriller is best played with the surround-sound up and the lights off. Given the power of nextgeneration hardware Condemned: Criminal Origins features photo-realistic backdrops life-like physics and highly sophisticated artificial intelligence. Weapons and ammunition are scarce leaving the player vulnerable to a gallery of mentally deranged criminals. Careful detective work and precision reflexes are a player’s primary means of survival. Inspired in part by the films of the psychological thriller sub-genre Condemned: Criminal Origins maintains an intense focused pace. Players can never be sure what waits around each corner.
- Next-generation lighting mapping and filtering techniques provide for environments of unprecedented detail and visual quality.
- Intelligent enemies respond strategically to your offensive and defensive maneuvers.
- High-level physics allow players to manipulate background items which respond realistically when picked up kicked or bumped.
- A tightly wound story is backed with strong character development and major plot twists.
- Meticulously crafted 5.1 surround-sound will cue players to the location of offscreen enemies.