In Bookworm; to complete each level players link adjoining letter tiles to build words and feed ‘Lex.’ They’ll use Reward Tiles and spell Bonus Words to boost their score while overcoming obstacles such as burning tiles that end the game if they’re not used before they reach the bottom of the screen.
In this Nintendo DS adaptation players will spell their way to a higher rank across three different game modes. Players can link letters in the fast-paced Action mode; if laid-back wordplay is more their style Classic mode provides plenty of action at their own pace; or for the ultimate challenge players can compete against friends in the Multiplayer mode. The Multiplayer mode is a new feature offered for the first time in any version of Bookworm and is played over the DS WirelessCommunications network.
Players will test their vocabulary might with 20 themed Bonus Book Collections and the ability to build out 18 unique library rooms. They can also build their spelling skills and track their progress with in-depth stats and charts. Additionally all features have been specifically tuned for dual-screen vertical gameplay allowing players to hold their DS like an actual book while enjoying endless challenge and fun.
- Collect up to 20 books and build out 18 library rooms
- Customize game backgrounds with the libraries you’ve built
- Pick up and play – start working wordy wonders in seconds
- Unlimited levels keep players rising up the ranks in the Hall of Fame
- Watch your brain grow with the all-new Lex Ray
- Save high scores and best words for posterity